Hey, gamer dads! Need some laughs? All dads love jokes — especially bad ones. But when you’re a gamer, it’s extra fun if you can stay on-brand. When you finish obsessing over ’80s video games or exposing your kids to the best games of the ’90s, you’ll need a new bonding tactic. Enter the video game jokes. Are they the world’s best jokes? No, but isn’t that what makes all your “dad jokes” so excellent? These jokes are no exception.
After all, being a dad doesn’t mean your gamer life ends. Your late-night gaming sessions might not look the same as they used to — long gone are the days of getting buzzed, eating a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos at 3 a.m., and sleeping until noon the next day. But you still manage to squeeze in some solid gaming time after the kids go to bed, thus retaining your gamer status. So, go ahead. Bust out some video game jokes at work. Read them to pass the time in the brain-meltingly slow car-rider line at your kid’s school.
Sure, these gems will probably earn you a ton of eye rolls from the family. Then again, you might be surprised at how much your kids laugh with you when you time these jokes just right. (At which point you’ll know procreating was a worthwhile endeavor, indeed.)
Classic Video Game Jokes
- What do gamers and musicians have in common?
Their fans are super noisy.
- Video games are great — they let you try your craziest fantasies.
For example, on The Sims, you can have a job and a house
- My life was ruined by my obsession with video games.
Fortunately, I had another two lives.
- Why doesn’t Mario like to use the internet?
He’s afraid of the Browsers.
- How do you know when a party is for a gamer?
There are tons of streamers.
- Why can’t PC gamers use Uber?
Too many incompatible drivers.
- Why does Donkey Kong wear a tie?
He’s got monkey business to do later.
- My girl and I were in love, but we just couldn’t be together.
We weren’t on the same level.
- What does the gamer use to make bread?
- Why is French Mario so good at predicting the future?
He uses his L’ouija board.
- I hate how people react when they play games and get told they “can’t go any further.”
It’s like they think it’s the end of the world.
- Did you know that, in most video games, it’s better to lose your health during the summer and winter seasons?
That way you don’t have to worry about fall damage.
- My girlfriend told me our relationship was over because I was spending too much time playing games.
I think it may have been my Destiny 2 breakup with her.
- Why did the gamer play so many video games after his breakup?
He needed to console himself.
- Why can’t you blindfold a Pokemon?
- What do people and video games have in common?
Everyone always argues over which generation was the best.
- My roommate was playing a video game last night and smashed his keyboard when he died.
He definitely lost “control.”
- What did the gaming reporter say about the new Minecraft updates?
- And what did the movie critic say about the Minecraft movie?
“It’s a block buster.”
- Gamers don’t take hot showers…
They take steamy ones.
- I tried to go left when I was playing Super Mario.
It was wrong on every level.
- Why are garbage men the best gaming teammates?
They’re used to carrying trash.
- What is the favorite gaming console of the French?
- What did Mario say when he broke up with Princess Peach?
“It’s not you; it’s a me, Mario!”
- I broke up with my old console.
Nothing was wrong with my Xbox, but it was time for a Switch.
- Why won’t Mike Tyson play on a PlayStation?
He’s an ex-boxer!
- Did you know that Sony is making a cat-friendly PlayStation?
It’s called the PSpspspsps.
- I got a PS5 for Christmas.
My neighbors haven’t even noticed it’s missing yet.
- There are two reasons why I don’t let my wife use my PS4.
1) I don’t have a PS4 and 2) I don’t have a wife.
- What do Americans do after winning the World Cup?
Turn off the PlayStation.
- Why do gamers turn to their PlayStations after a break-up?
They need to be consoled.
- What’s the difference between a Nickelback album and a PlayStation Vita?
You can actually play the Nickelback album.
- What do you get when you toss your PlayStation’s packaging in the trash compactor?
- A wife walks in on her husband playing on his PlayStation.
“The house is still filthy. I thought I asked you to sweep the house!” she exclaims.
“I did,” replied the husband. “I found no hostiles.”
- So, a guy buys a PlayStation and starts an EA game…
Pay just $9.99 to unlock the rest of this joke!
- Why did the Xbox gamer cross the street?
To render the buildings.
- What’s the difference between Xbox One and your mother?
I genuinely care about your mother.
- The Xbox One X is Microsoft’s new console.
The short of that is XBOX, they’ve now come full circle, or 360.
- Yesterday I got an Xbox for my little brother.
Best trade ever!
- Why does no one own an Xbox in Pennsylvania?
Because it’s always Sony in Philadelphia!
- What game is in Schrodinger’s Xbox?
“Dead or Alive.”
- Xbox was struggling…
But they really turned it around with the 360.
- Why did the Xbox One eat its cereal for breakfast, but not its pancakes?
It had the spoon, but not the 4k.
- Have you heard about the device that automatically swaps out Xbox discs for you?
It’s a game-changer.
- My new girlfriend wants to fight my ex, but I told her that would be a bad idea.
Because my Xbox.